Saturday, February 6, 2010

Was this our trial run?

Last night Tim, Makenzie, Mason and I joined his parents and a few family friends for drinks then dinner. All was good. Feeling fine. Not a whole lot of room to eat and could not get comfy in my dinner chair but that has happened so many time before. Came home and went through our normal evening routine. Exhausted. Fed our dog Brody, baths, brushing teeth, bed.... and then I finally was able to go to the bathroom. To my surprise I saw blood. This is a first for me in my final weeks of pregnancy. Funny how the calm immediately takes over in a situation such as this for me. I called NE OBGYN right away and asked that the on call Dr give me a call. Didn't even take the time to explain to Tim. A few minutes later I felt big time cramping start and Dr. Theis calls. He told me everything I informed him happened/ happening is normal and recommended I get myself something to drink, lie down and just relax. If I had anymore bleeding, felt consistent contractions or had severe cramping then by all means head to the hospital. During this time Tim had a bag pulled out and was packing Kenzie and Mason who knows what in his crazed track of mind. That's when I decided to take a warm, relaxing shower and just wait it out. Climbed in bed and fell asleep pretty quick. Of course I got up all night going to the bathroom and checking to make sure I didn't see anything else. As you can guess I didn't. The off and on inconsistent contractions and cramping I had started to feel subsided by 4am and I fell into a deep sleep until after 9:30am. Finally! A good stretch of solid sleep! ;-)

We had kept Missy and Jaren in the loop so they could be ready to hop on the road if necessary. Missy sent her first text this morning right about 7am.... and didn't stop. Sorry Missy but I completely ignored it. I was soooo sleeping while I could! Once I was up I called NE OBGYN again and (on call Dr) Dr. Theis called me back. I just needed his reassurance there wasn't any need for Tim and I to head to the hospital. I was feeling pretty good besides some heavier cramping which I've been feeling for days now. Once again he said trust my instincts. And no worries... both babies were moving like champs. I'll know when to go. I encouraged Tim to go in to work and agreed with Jaren there was no need for them to get on the road and head this way just yet.

Missy and Tim kept close tabs on me all day. And I tried my best to keep them updated. Along with my Mom, Mother in Law, sister, Liz, close friends, and the list goes on. :-) We've certainly hit "that time" during our pregnancy. We're now down to just about the last waiting game! By this evening you would never have known I experienced anything last night. Nothing. Nada. Zilch.

Today and tomorrow my plans are to repack Makenzie and Mason's bag with appropriate, matching attire. That way no matter where they are or what takes place I know they have several days worth of clothes, vitamins and meds, toiletries, ect. I also finished packing my hospital bag and am living out of my toiletries bag. Camera and phone chargers are by the car keys and ready to go. I keep thinking of the little things that were convenient during my last three deliveries and hospital stays and am trying to share that with Missy & Jaren and remember to take care of it on my end. So much to do and how much time? :-) Trying to stay on top of laundry, dishes, picking up and making sure groceries and daily supplies are stocked. Hopefully doing this will not only keep me busy and make my days pass quicker but make life easier on me once I'm home recovering. My biggest concern at this point surprisingly isn't this "scary c-section" but my little ones. Just making sure Makenzie and Mason's lives are kept as smooth and normal as possible is my priority. Same thing for Brody. Our home front has to be run while I'm away and as a Mother that eats at me. Keeping their teachers up to date is a daily thing for me now. Mason has expressed concern and fear that I'll be gone a few days and having surgery to have Aidyn and Kylar. Talk about pulling on those strings Mason.... he knows just how to make me feel so bad. I know he's ready for HIS Mom to be back. Mommy leaning down to kiss, hug and tuck him in at bedtime is a thing of the past as well as him sitting in my lap. Hoping and praying for a quick post partum recovery period! Makenzie just wants to know when. "How much longer Mom?" We all want to know sweetheart! I know Tim will be happy when his wife is no longer moody and complaining about this walrus sized belly, back aches, legs cramps, feet aching, hands swelling, big nose.... and the list goes on... on a daily basis. As the Surro family this is what my husband and children endure. As Aidyn and Kylar's Surro Mom this is what I signed up to endure and thank goodness it's almost over! The end of one journey is in site and the beginning of another is so close we can smell it!

Aidyn and Kylar are hanging in there a little longer..... I have been keeping my fingers crossed we make it to 37 weeks and we just might get there. Dr. Murdock said everyday in the womb is like 4 or 5 days in the NICU. Several twins I know born at 37 weeks have gone home just as a healthy singleton baby would. And that has been my priority and goal this entire time. Healthy babies! Wednesday, the 10th, we have an 8am appt with Dr. McFarland (high risk) and then a 10am appt with Dr. Murdock. We should know more after those appts. I plan on having my lap top packed and ready to go with my hospital bag. So long as I'm feeling up to it I'll try my best to get updates and pictures out as quickly as possible. Stay tuned.....

No comments:

Post a Comment