Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Pregnancy Test Day!

I was at FC of S.A. at 7:35am this morning. Let's get my blood taken already people so we can get the results back! Once I was in the parking garage walking to my car I called Missy to let her know I was done. Now to keep ourselves busy! I headed to my Mom's house while Missy got ready for the gym and running errands. At my Mom's house I got Makenzie, Mason, Blake and Cole dressed and in my car so Mom and I could take them for breakfast. Quick and easy so we could get back and ready to go swimming at the neighborhood pool. Of course the kids were ecstatic to go swimming and although it was enticing to get a little sun I was bummed about my no swimming rule for now. But it's part of being a post IVF transfer patient. So down to the pool we walked. Julie met us there not longer after we arrived. The kids were already jumping in and making a splash. Mom and Julie got in with them for a while. I paced around the pool waiting for my cell phone to ring but tried to keep busy snapping pictures of the four kids having fun.

My phone rang not long before 11am with Missy on the other end. She said she missed a call from HIVF. Called them back and Andrea had called. Barb, our nurse, was off today so Andrea would relay the results to us. Andrea told Missy she indeed had the results already! To my surprise because it was barely 11am! Jaren wouldn't be home until 12noon so Missy told Andrea to call back then so her and Jaren could be together when they got the results. You can imagine our excitement! I knew I just couldn't wait any longer. I asked Missy if she minded if I call Andrea and find out now. She said sure so long as I didn't call and tell her the news. Agreed. I asked her to call me as soon as she and Jaren knew. Hung up and immediately dialed HIVF. Asked for Andrea and while on hold shouted to Mom and Julie on the other side of the pool "the results are in!" Told Andrea who I was ans asked if I could please have the results. I could almost hear the smile in her voice when she said "CONGRATULATIONS! You're pregnant!" Our HCG level is 230! So we for sure have a strong pregnancy. Might be a sign twins are on the way but with that level we could also have a strong singleton. Only time will tell on that news. Now the wait began to have from Missy and Jaren....

I shared the news with Mom and Julie then called Tim, Liz and Anjanette. Still no word from Missy and Jaren! So I started to text everyone in my phone with the news. Finally Missy called and I heard Jaren and her on speaker. They were SO excited! They called their families when they heard the news. Missy said when they were on the phone with her Grandma she cried tears of joy. Jaren and Missy cried along with her. So sweet. This is a wonderful wonderful day for them and their family. We're super excited for the parents to be and cannot wait to have more good news!

On Friday. June 26 I'll go back to FC of S.A. for another blood test. We need to make sure my HCG level is doubling. Every 48 hours your HCG level should double or come close to it. If it levels out or drops that's a sign the pregnancy is not holding. But great, fantastic, wonderful, thrilling news for today!!!!!

Ahhh! Mmmm! Missy and Jaren had an Edible Arrangement delivered this evening to say thank you for helping make their dreams come true to our family. I love that they thought to include Makenze and Mason. It's not just me or even Tim in this journey. Makenzie and Mason have important roles as well and it's nice to see them feel included by all parties. Yum! Thanks guys!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment